The Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) invites application from interested women owned –ventures working on renewable and green energy production in Nigeria and Malawi.
The Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) has launched a new initiative “Enterprise Development for Women-Owned Ventures in Green Energy”. Funded by the African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF), the 12-month programme will support 70 women involved in renewable and green energy production in two African countries – MALAWI and NIGERIA.
The programme offers two components to be implemented in two phases one after the other:
1. Startup Incubator: 30 women in each country (60 in total) supported in designing, refining and launching their renewable and green energy business ideas.
2. Accelerator: 10 established renewable and green energy women-owned/led ventures (5 from each country) will receive entrepreneurial training and preparation for investment-readiness. The programme offers opportunity of accessing venture finance.
WHAT IS THE STARTUP INCUBATOR?
We invite applications from individuals or teams from Malawi and Nigeria who have an idea for renewable and green energy business solutions to one of the key social and environmental challenges. The Startup Incubator programme is aimed at helping women turn their renewable and green energy enterprise idea into a product or service that customers want to buy. The winning individuals or teams will receive training and support on turning their ideas into reality.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Selected individuals or teams will receive Free Entry to the Incubator which includes:
· Incubator Modules incl. Pitch Training.
· Mentorship support during the test phase of your business idea.
· Expert Guidance & Tailored Support to make your business idea a reality.
· Networking & Peer Learning opportunity with like-minded entrepreneurs.
· The best pitches will receive an opportunity to pitch their business idea at the AWIEF Annual Conference (Dec 2-3, 2020; physical + virtual) – Africa’s number 1 women entrepreneurship conference for dialogue on issues of business – in Johannesburg, South Africa.
1. Women over 18 years of age resident in Malawi or Nigeria, and fluent in English
2. Business Venture Sector Focus in Renewable & Green Energy Sector including: Solar, wind, water (hydro), hybrid, biomass, biogas, biofuel and other green energy solutions including concepts for sustainable clean energy-technologies for cooking
3. Business venture to be incorporated and operated in Malawi or Nigeria
4. Programme participants committed to working 20+ hours a week on their venture
5. Applicants can apply as individuals or a team with a maximum of 3 members
· Applications open – 10 July 2020
· Applications close – 15 August 2020
· Notification – 31 August 2020
· Programme starts – September 2020
· Programme ends – November 2020
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
APPLY BEFORE 15 August 2020.
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org