Banana flour processing is a profitable agribusiness, 100% untapped that can be started with small capital. This agribusiness has a huge market demand and a high return on investment. Banana Flour is processed from green bananas.
Bananas are perennial crops with botanical name (musa acuminate), being the second largest produced fruit after citrus contribution about 16% of the world total fruit production. With immense demand and application the product market bears high growth aspects. Bananas are cultivated in nearly all tropical regions of the world of particular importance of Africa is the East Africa Highlands.
Bananas are important staple food in developing countries, only about 15% of the global banana is involved in international trade, most production is consumed domestically. Bananas are grown in nearly 130 countries. In Uganda there are over 120 varieties. Uganda is the largest producer of banana in Sub-Saharan Africa followed by Rwanda, Nigeria, Ghana, and others.
Bananas are mostly cultivated in all tropical regions because it is a tropical plant and grow well under warm condition. It is perishable fruit and gets easily spoiled.
The shelf life of banana is prolonged on processing it into banana flour. Later the flour can be stored for up to a year commercially, which eases its transportation.
IS BANANA FLOUR GOOD FOR YOU?
Banana flour is good for both adult and children because of its high nutrient content. High in essential minerals and vitamins including zinc, vitamin E, magnesium, and manganese, green-banana flour is also abundant in potassium – so much so that just two tablespoons contain the same amount as seven whole bananas! It also helps lower cholesterol, boosts heart health, and aids nerve and muscle activity.
WHAT DO YOU USE BANANA FLOUR FOR?
USES OF BANANA FLOUR
- Banana flour is used as an essential component used in producing infant food because it helps in weight gain in babies.
- It is used in baking industry for the preparation of fillings for cakes and biscuits.
- It has been found widely used in cosmetics industry for its moisturizing properties such as nourishment of skin and relieving skin from itching and irritation.
- It can used to thicken sauces and soups, add to smoothies, sprinkle on your cereal or use in raw food treats.
- It is used in preparing porridge, doughnuts and pancakes that are healthy holistically for children and adults.
You can find banana flour in natural food stores and from online retailers.
DOES BANANA FLOUR TASTE LIKE BANANAS?
Banana flour taste slightly like banana because it has element of banana flavor in it
Banana flour, due to the use of green bananas, has a very mild banana flavor raw, and when cooked, it has an earthy, non banana flavor; it also has a texture reminiscent of lighter wheat flours and requires about 25% less volume, making it a good replacement for white and white whole-wheat flour.
10 BENEFITS OF GREEN BANANA FLOUR ARE:
- Banana flour is produced from unripe banana (Green Bananas). Banana Flour contains a high total starch (73.4%), resistant starch (17.5%) and dietary fibre content (14.5%). Among the four subtypes of Resistant starch ,Resistant starch type 11 is present in green bananas which is involved in disease prevention including modulation of glycemic index, diabetes, cholesterol lowering capability and weight management.
- It improves digestion health of resisting starch hydrolyzing enzymes in the stomach and thus acts as dietary fibre.
- It increases faecal bulky which promotes colon health and also acts as a rehydrating agent for those suffering from diarrhea.
- It helps in slow digestion of blood glucose and insulin level. Low insulin level triggers the use of type 11 diabetes and manages obesity.
- It binds bile acids, cholesterol in digestive system and prevents their absorption from blood stream.
- It helps in prevention of osteoporosis by increasing the absorption of calcium and other minerals including magnesium, iron.
- It also serves as a carrier of probiotics to the large intestine where they can maximize their benefits which include boosting immune system.
- Fiber rich unripe banana flour contains resistant starch, a type of fiber that may aid in managing weight and type 11diabetes.
- It is a good source of nutrition to infants and adults.
- It boosts children thinking and their energy thereby helping them to perform better in school.
WHAT DOES GREEN BANANA DO FOR THE BODY?
Green Banana contain all the nutrients that our bodies need. Green Bananas are rich in Vitamins and Minerals. It is a good source of dietary fiber, resistant starch (RS2 type: ungelatinised starch granules, antioxidants (especially catechin, epicatechen and gallocatechin), total phenols, Minerals (Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous, and Potassium) and Vitamins (Pro-Vitamins, A, B1, B2, C and others) with Starch Content very Low and 22% Carbohydrates.
IS BANANA FLOUR GOOD FOR DIABETICS?
Banana Flour contains a high total starch (73.4%), resistant starch (17.5%) and dietary fibre content (14.5%). Among the four subtypes of Resistant starch ,Resistant starch type 11 is present in green bananas which is involved in disease prevention including modulation of glycemic index, diabetes, cholesterol lowering capability and weight management. Banana flour is extremely rich in resistant starch, which is why it may help diabetics improve insulin sensitivity and maintain blood sugar levels. This is because it is not rapidly digested in the small intestine, but it reaches the large intestine where it is used as fermentable dietary fibre.
Are you in need of agribusiness idea to venture into this year? Don’t look further, BANANA FLOUR PRODUCTION is one of the lucrative, untapped agribusiness venture you can start at small, medium or large scale. You can start with any amount of capital. The market is so large both domestically and internationally.
To learn how to start banana flour processing, we have the practical steps covered for you.
The global banana flour market is poised to touch a valuation of USD$37.6 million by 2023 according to market research future. The banana flour market is expected to gain high demand owing to its inclusion as a component in foods and beverages, increasing demand for gluten free products and increasing cases of coeliac disease is likely to propel the market growth exponentially. Use of banana flour to curb harmful addiction is anticipated to open new avenues for the market to expand.
In this book, you are going to learn the following –
- Raw materials used for banana flour production.
- Equipment needed for banana flour production.
- Step-by step banana flour processing.
- Customers and Market Segmentation.
- How to source for funds.
- How to get Agric Loans in Nigeria.
- How to Sell Banana flour.
- ….much more
We are offering this book for 10 persons at a discount rate of THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED NAIRA ONLY (N3,500). After which the price goes up to TEN THOUSAND NAIRA (N10,000).
BONUS PACK: Also you will receive a full free practical video on Banana flour Processing.
To order for this Banana Flour Processing Ebook, Click here to make payment.
PAY IN DOLLARS, CLICK HERE
TO MAKE PAYMENT IN NAIRA CLICK HERE
After payment, kindly send your payment details to us and we will deliver the book to your inbox instantly.
Send the following details:
2) Email Address
3) Phone Number
Send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call/Whatsapp +2347030695627.
GRAB YOUR COPY NOW.