Congratulations to all our farmers and prospective farmers. We are glad you made it to 2020. 2020 is the year you are going to maximize all opportunities to boost your productivity and profitability. Starting a new year is not a moment to start dwelling on your past failure and mistakes, rather it is a moment to carefully analyze what made you to fail and lessons you need to learn from your experience and what to do not to repeat same mistake. You have to keep moving forward, keep going until you succeed. If you take action and persist and continue till you succeed, you will find the journey to your goals will be shorter and easier.
Applying the 7 Agribusiness Keys listed below guarantees your success in 2020.
- Set SMART Goals: Have agribusiness goals. Goal setting is the starting point for your success in agribusiness this year. If you fail to set goals, you fail to succeed. Your goals have to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. Your goal setting should cut across Revenue, Sales, Customer base, etc.
“The Person without goals makes no progress on even smoothest road. The person with clear goals makes rapid, progress on even the roughest road.”
- Planning: Break your goals into actionable plan. Break it into daily goals, weekly goals, monthly goals or quarterly goals. The process of planning forces you to make things happen because you immediately identify whether you have enough resources, what you need to do if you don’t have enough , who to go to for help before it’s too late.
- Capacity Development: As a farmer you need to upgrade your knowledge. This is very paramount, if you really desire to succeed this year in your venture, don’t keep doing the same thing using the same strategy and expect to have a different result. It cannot happen. Attend agribusiness Seminars, Conference, read books and magazines and attend or enroll in paid training to learn new things and latest happenings and methods in the world of agribusiness. To help you improve the quality of your products and better serve your customers, you need to upgrade your skills and knowledge.
- Networking: As a farmer you must build strategic network. Conferences, Exhibition and Seminars offer you a good platform to connect and network with agribusiness experts doing similar things like you and enable you to access some of their experiences, knowledge contacts that they have which have been giving them tremendous results. Also, you can join Agribusiness Associations and get to meet experts that are ahead of you who could mentor you and share their success secrets.
- Technology: Technology is changing the way business is done. As a farmer you need to build your online presence utilizing the different social media platforms and having a website could go a long way to boost your sales and access new customers and latest innovations in agribusiness. Do not forget to utilize the power of technology to boost your agribusiness.
- Positive Attitude: Maintaining a positive attitude at all times is needed. Attitude is everything. It applies even to agribusiness even in handling your customers. Have an active belief system. Possibility mindset is inevitable. Believe you can achieve the goals you set. “Never, Never, Never Give Up”- Winston Churchill
- Review Plans: Find a way to review your goals daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually. Don’t wait till the end of the year to review, it may be too late and it can make you feel as if you didn’t achieve mush.